Monday, November 30, 2015

Week 62: El templo en "black friday"

Familia y Amigos,

This week was super awesome! Elder Sandoval and I as well as the Hermana Ricconi and Hurd worked super hard as a district and were super excited to see what were going to do in December. As a district we were able to find 25 new investigadores this week and many of them have a lot of potential! We are super excited to see what happens in December. 

The highlight of this week was definitely my work visit with Elder Buckner, one of my zone leaders, on Thanksgiving and going to the temple on Friday. We've got a rule that one of the zone leaders should always be in the zone, so Elder Buckner invited me to go to the temple with him to help out the sisters that work in the family history center to bring a group of converts from our stake to the temple to do baptisms for the dead. The Lima temple is super pretty! It is the second time I have been able to go on my mission and it is amazing. It's in a really nice part of Lima (La Molina) and it's a lot more peaceful. Before my mission I didn't notice how strong the Spirit is in the temple because there are so many in Utah and I could go a lot, but this time it was way different. The Spirit there really impacted us and I was able to understand a lot better my call as a missionary. If my converts don't get to the temple, they are not getting anywhere. 

Also, while I was in the temple, I ran into some ex-missionaries from the Lima North mission that finished with Elder Pauro, my trainer. As I was talking with them, they told me that he was getting married that same day! It is crazy how time goes by so fast in the mission. 

Well, I would send you all a bunch of pictures but this computer is a little strange, so next week I'll send a bunch!

Con mucho amor, 

Elder Potter

No comments:

Post a Comment