Monday, October 5, 2015

Week 54: Cambios!

Hola todos!

So, this week was been pretty great to be honest. The conference was great were working hard. 
I loved President Uchtdorfs and Elder Oaks talks about how to apply the Gospel of Jesus Christ and His Atonement better in our lives, it was a really powerful conference for me and I was able to receive many answers to prayers there. 

Also, Meriela has been progressing a lot and has felt in her heart the Gospel is true and that families really can be together forever. Many years ago she got married and had a little girl but she passed away at an early age due to health complications and then separated from her husband. Shes been teaching kindergarten for a super long time now because she feels like she is closer to her daughter when she is with the kids, but she has been looking for something more than that. We shared the Plan of Salvation with her last week then on Friday night we did a Family Home Evening with her in her home with our ward mission leader (Hermano Jorge Marino, who is totally awesome) and Julio and Nancy. I couldn't be there because I was on a work visit with Elder Sangama in his area, but Elder Villagran told me that it was a big turning point for her. The gospel really does bless families and individuals improve their lives and have more hope, its a great blessing. 

Also, I'm pretty sure that one week from today I will be in a different zone, yes, today are changes. I have six months here so I'm pretty sure I'm leaving Los Manzanos. I have come to absolutely love the people here and am going to miss them a ton. But, in every change, there is a chance to progress, everything that happens to us in our lives is stacked in our favor to progress as children of God. Elder Villagran has been totally awesome, I'm really going to miss him, he is a great missionary and we made a solid team together. 

Today I have many things to do, apart from saying bye to everyone, we also have to move houses...It is p-day! But it's all good. It's going to be a crazy but awesome day!

Well, I hope that you all have a great week! 

Con mucho amor, 

Elder Potter
 
Elder Potter's zone maybe district?

Elder Potter,  Elder Villagran and Elder  Sangama at the top of un cerro(a hill).
 
This was a "once in a blue moon" moment... a clear blue sky day in San Juan de Lurigancho!

1 comment:

  1. Well maybe Elder Potter and Elder Reschke will be changing places? Elder Reschke has been in his place 6 months too, and is pretty sure he is being transferred! And I am seeing pictures of Elder Sangama in your posts, Elder Reschke absolutely loves this Elder!!!! He served with him when Elder Sangama first got to the mission and says he is a great missionary! It will be exciting to see what happens, just wish we didn't all have to wait a whole week!!!! Love those Peru missionaries!

    ReplyDelete