Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 56: Los Pinos y Roberta

Buenos Dias todos!

This week was really great! Elder Alvarez and I have been working hard and we've had a pretty successful week! 

In this area, were working with some really great less actives that want to be active again. We are working on reactivating two people right now. We had a great experience with one of them last night. Her name is Roberta and she has six kids. She hasn't been wanting to listen to us, in fact last night was the first time that I talked to her. At first she didn't want to listen, but we knew that she was a little sick so we offered to give her a blessing of health. As we gave her the blessing I felt as though I had already known her. It was a very cool experience. The Spirit was there so strongly! After the blessing she told us everything that has been going on in her life. Her husband doesn't support her and her kids are hungry. She feels as though her faith has been crumbling and wants help, but just doesn't know where to start. We shared some scriptures with her and it was amazing how the Spirit guided every single word that we spoke. We left the lesson and we were all spiritually edified. She is going to start to read her scriptures again and talk to the bishop on Tuesday. It was a very great experience. One of the greatest joys as a missionary is being able to reactivate people and help them regain a long lost testimony. 

Well, that is all I got time for today, ¡que tengan una buena semana!

Elder Potter
 
Elder Alvarez (new companion) and Elder Potter - They look like quite a pair!
 
Hermana Kelly and Rosa. They washed our clothes and I became a great friend to their family, they are awesome. La Hermana Rosa, the older one, was really sad when I left Los Manzanos.
Juan Javier and Elder Potter - One of the few people on my mission that I feel like I knew before coming to this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment