Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Week 19: Me Quedo! I stayed!

Familia y Amigos,


This week has been really good! I didn't get changed which made me really, really happy. I'm going to have 3 more months in La Habana and I'm really grateful for that. I've learned to absolutely love the people here, they are absolutely amazing and there are so many faithful and humble saints here that have so many problems but know what is important in this life and in the next. We visited Sister Y.... this week, we are now teaching her parents and two of her siblings, and we ended up doing a little bit of a service project. She lives on this hill and there isn't any water there, but there is at the bottom of the hill in this big barrel, so twice a week she fills up a bunch of these 5 gallon buckets and, one by one, takes them up to her house. I didn't know about this until Elder G...  and I helped her with it, it takes here much of the day too. So we helped her with it and it was pretty tough to be honest. It made me realize that despite problems and hard things in this life we can still use our agency to become faithful and honorable members of the Church and that we can still serve God with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength. 
Anyways, this week was great. It was Obispo B...(Bishop)  birthday so we visited him and it was a great time. It's a tradition in some parts of the mission to crack an egg on someones head when it's their birthday, don't know why but I'm good with it. So we smashed eggs on his head, I'm sure it will be a birthday to remember jaja. This week has been a good one.  

Elder G.... also made a bunch of little clay figures this week that are kinda funny..


Well, that's all I got time for right now until next week!

Elder Potter
Elder G., Obispo B., Elder Potter
Elder G., Obispo, Elder Potter- Nothing says happy birthday like an a raw egg cracked on your head!




Elder G's awesome clay figures


Of course we had to get both views!

No comments:

Post a Comment