Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 84: Entrando en Mayo!

Hola!

This week was a very interesting week for Elder Iglesias and I. I finally got better from being sick after about two weeks and we worked super hard! Even though we worked super hard, we didn't see to many fruits from our labors, for the first time in a long time we didn't have a single investigator come to church, actually, it is the second week that we haven't had anyone. But I know that the Señor will bless us for our hard work, sometime God gives us hard and trying weeks to keep us humble enough to keep trusting in Him and in His power, justice, and mercy. It is amazing to me how the Lord shapes us, He is the perfect teacher. 

Although we didn't have anyone show up to church, our zone had an awesome week! As a zone we had about 30  people in church! And for many of them it was their 2nd or 3rd time there! It is looking like were going to have an awesome month! 

Also, this past week we had a work visit with Elder Bedoya, one of the assistants, and it was awesome! I learned a ton from him about the importance of preaching the gospel to EVERYONE.
I learned a lot from him. We ended up finding 6 new investigators and an awesome new family that were excited to start teaching. There names are Willy and Sara and they are already married! Were going to pass by their house today or tomorrow depending on what they tell us when we call them. 

To wrap up the email, we went to el centro de Lima as a zone for last pday and after almost 20 months in Peru I ate Cuy! Guinea Pig! It is super fatty but I'm glad I tried it! We also went ot the parque de las aguas, its a super cool park in Lima that has a ton of fountains, I'll send more pictures next week. 

Que tengan una buena semana!

Elder Potter

El centro de Lima on Pday

 Elder Potter finally ate cuy---Guinea Pig

Elder Potter and Elder Iglesias at the fountains in central Lima

1 comment:

  1. eeekkk. I just can't get over them eating guinea pigs. Maybe if they somehow cut their little feet off and it didn't just look like it was going to run off the plate......

    ReplyDelete