Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Week 17: Interview with the Presidente

Familia y Amigos!

These past 2 weeks or so have been great and I've learned a lot. This past week has been one of the best weeks on the mission. Our zone had interviews and room inspections with Presidente Erickson on Friday and so all week Elder Guerra and I were cleaning the room for the inspection and all that good stuff. My interview with Presidente was really good to, he's just a mountain of spiritual knowledge and I learned some important lessons from him. I shared with him that were still having some problems getting people to church and he read with me in DyC 84:49 to 53 and it explains that for the most part when people don't come to church for a long period of time, or are less active or inactive, it's because they're under the bondage of sin so they don't come, it's uncomfortable for them. I learned for these people they don't need another lesson about the Sabbath Day and coming to church like many missionaries teach those people. Those people need to feel the love of God for them and that they can find peace in the love of our Savior for them. Those people need to feel how they felt when they were baptized more than anything else. It might seem obvious that that's what they need, but it's so easy to only look on the outside part of the problem and not for the "elephant in the room". That's something I learned this week that I'm really going to try to utilize in the work now. 

I learned many other things too, but that's what stuck out to me in particular. This week has also been good  because their aren't any more fruit flies, a week or two ago we had somewhat of an infestation that wasn't to fun, but it's all good now. For p-day last week we went to this super run down amusement park. They only had to rides and they weren't even really rides but all of the latinos were freaking out because it was their first time riding any kind of roller coaster, it was pretty funny. So yeah, that's about it for this week. 

I hope you're all doing well and I wish you all the best for this week!

Con mucho amor, 

Elder Potter

No comments:

Post a Comment